Health and Safety Coordinator
We are looking for Health and Safety Coordinators to join its team.
- Develop security policies, procedures and systems and ensure continuous improvement;
- Audit, maintain and update security systems;
- Collect and analyze data on safety performance;
- Inform and raise awareness of employees about safety regulations, industry trends and new practices;
- Identify, assess and control security risks;
- Act as a resource person within the internal mining health and safety committee;
- Work in collaboration with the mine’s health and safety team to ensure compliance with established policies;
- Perform field inspections to ensure that security policy procedures are practiced and maintained;
- Participate in health and safety meetings;
- Provide training for all employees in terms of occupational health and safety, in accordance with the Ontario applicated laws and company standards.
Qualifications and skills sought
- Valid driver’s license;
- Bilingualism (English-French);
- 3 years of experience in the operation of an open pit mine;
- 3 years of experience as a health and safety advisor and trainer;
- Solid experience with Ontario labor and health and safety laws, standards and regulations;
- Specialized “MTCU Surface Common Core” modules;
- Hold a “Train the trainer” certificate;
- Advanced skills with the Office suite;
- Good interpersonal communication skills;
- Good organizational capacity and ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to coach and lead his team.
Do you recognize yourself in this position?
Thank you for showing interest in the post. Only candidates with the required profile will be contacted. However, all records will be retained for future reference.
The masculine gender is used for the sole purpose of lightening the text and has no discriminatory intent.